St John Youth Division Introduction
The Trust has cooperated with St. John to set up the 1st Chinese bilingual division in Epsom since February 2003 and successfully recruited 60 Chinese youth aged 6 to 18 years. The youth members are divided into different age groups led by Chinese leaders. The division emphasizes in particular on communication with parents and has adopted effective culturally appropriate measures in its implementation. This approach is found to be very successful in encouraging Chinese youth (with the support of their parents) to participate actively in activities organised by the main stream organization. To meet the great demand of needs which is witnessed by a long waiting list, the Trust with the support from St John management has developed a 2nd Chinese bilingual Youth Division on North Shore in May 2006. This 2nd Chinese bilingual division serves another 60 Chinese Youth. In regular weekly evening meetings, St John Youth Programmes focus on teaching first aid, health care, leadership and life skills with fantastic opportunities to meet new people, experience new things and of course… have fun!
- Develop their skills in caring for people and dealing with emergency situations.
- Enhance their personal, social and career development.
- Develop leadership and decision-making skills.
- Give them a powerful sense of responsibility for yourself, others and the community.
- Build self-esteem and a feeling of belonging.
- Develop a caring and sensitive attitude to the environment and the community.
St John Documents：
Detailed information about St John Youth in both Chinese and English.
Interview Questions for applying St John Youth Leader.